Hi Bjorn,

Thanks for the advice.

The primary point is that I do not understand way I am not able to boot from the created media. As it does work to boot on those media if I put a Linux distro on it.

So far as I understand it should work. That fact that it is FreeDOS or Linux or FreeBSD should not make a difference.

I know it is possible to manually copy the files over on a created Fat partition.

But the problem is that I do not get in to the setup process. And it should work. At least I would think.

In any case;

I just have bought dedicated computer to use for FreeDOS.

A Toshiba Satellite Pro 430SDT. From 1996. It must have been a + $2000 computer in the day. Now I got it for €40 with diskette station, a wifi and ethernet card. And a module to replace the original hard disk with an SD-card.

Looks very nice for its age. Has a build in CD-rom player.

I will have an usb cd/dvd writer tomorrow. And have CD-r's. So I can burn an install CD for it.

So now I have a computer form the native time of DOS. If that does not work I do not know what will work.

Greetings,

Walter