Hi there,
I have not chosen the machine yet, intended to choose based on freedos requirements for networking. as I require a serial port though, modern as sometimes defined by others is less likely, but the physical port is an absolute must. still this is helpful, if I locate say a thinkpad with onboard chip work for networking, along with my required serial port I may be in fine stead indeed.
Kare