Hi Aitor,

> On Jun 6, 2023, at 6:19 PM, Aitor Santamaría <aitor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Jerome,
>
> On Mon, 25 May 2020 at 13:26, Jerome Shidel <jer...@shidel.net
> <mailto:jer...@shidel.net>> wrote:
>
> Why keyb need a 286, it’s a keyboard mapper?
>
> It does not: KEYB /9 should work on 8088 class machines.

Wow, this is an old thread (over 3 years)!

KEYB requiring a 286 or better is based solely on:

$ grep 286 *
KEYBMSG.DE:STR2_7 = 'KEYB braucht (immer noch) einen AT/286 oder besser';
KEYBMSG.NLS:STR2_7 = 'Keyb (still) requires an AT/286 or better';

Being an English language and keyboard user, I neither use nor possess
knowledge on using various NLS support programs like KEYB. So if there is
support for hardware older than a 286 or options that provide compatibility, I
would not know they exist.

:-)

Jerome