Now, that's an interesting use for a Dos/FreeDos retro computer:

https://www.theverge.com/2014/5/14/5716232/george-r-r-martin-uses-dos-wordstar-to-write

How many computers destined for the landfill still have perfectly good
screens and keyboards?  (Recalling those heavy, grey, indestructible PS2
keyboards where the keys snapped back up with a vigour that seemed to sent
your fingers flying on to the next character)  Now, I might have gone with
WordPerfect 6 instead of WordStar 4, but the idea itself is solid: A
computer that you just use for writing, sans distractions. No YouTube, no
Email, no Facebook - you sit - you write.  I mean, it's hard to argue it
didn't work well for this guy!