One issue I find alot when tryin to install FreeDos is that it would go
most of the way through the install then without any reason and no
explanation as to why, it just stops and says there is a problem so reboot
or exit.

I have FD in three locations.  Second drive in my old desktop, usb drive,
and in connectix virtual pc in windows xp.  The glitch would happen no
matter which environment I use.  I decided to use 7zip to test and extract
all files from the liveCD and all passed and was successful.  As another
test I went in and tested all the .zip files found in the directories and
they also all passed the test.  I take from this that if the files are good
then the issue is with my system?

Is there any way to find out why it crashes?  I know in the latest version
on ibiblio the file “TestDisk” is where it would always crash.  Is it
possible to just extract all the .zip files into separate directories in
each folder the zips reside in and still have a proper FreeDos install?

I love FreeDos and use it more than xp for Basic Programming in a couple
different ones (PowerBasic 3.5 and FreeBasic).

Thank You Jim Hall amd all those involved with its development.