>I have found that the best DosBox for this kind of thing is "DosBox-X".
>
>It supports applications better than the original DosBox.

Relooking over dosbox-x, yup, seems to have everything anybody might
need, including all of their wants such as networking.  Focused on other
things that really matter in life aside from games, similar to FreeDOS.

However, only offers RPMs/flatpack; and I find flatpacks a realy hassle.

Void Linux unfortunately only offers generic dosbox and dosbox-staging,
no dosbox-x.

Granted, I could probably easily build dosbox-x from source.

Roger