Ari Jolma wrote:
> This project is related to the OSGeo Cartographic Library proposal:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Cartographic_Library

Ari,

It's very interesting though the general idea is a bit vague to me.
I've read the Wiki page and I'm still unable to grab the core of this
idea. So, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask some questions:

1. Is this idea about creating something like libgd (http://libgd.org)
for GIS - not another geometry rendering engine, but a renderer
specialized for GIS and cartpgraphy?

2. What are the key differences to MapServer and Mapnik?

3. Why GNOME libraries but not something multiplatofrm in terms of
desktop environments?

4. How does it relate to FOSS desktop applications like QGIS? Is the
library going to serve as desktop GIS core in future (like desktop GIS
for GNOME)?

Greetings
--
Mateusz Loskot