Hi folks!

I´m looking for a "piece of software" to visualize some flood/water level
sensor data on a simple map and project it to a big screen in our central
flood-response-headquaters.

This data renderer should manage the following things/features:
 - display simple vector and raster layers which come from formats like Shape,
GML, KML, GeoTIFF, and so on. (BTW: PostGIS and so on isn´t needed because we
are not able to offer a distaster proof geodatabase environment)
 - fetch some sensor data from another (disaster proof because it´s the sensor
network) ODBC Database Connection
 - perhaps some simple navigation tools for zooming in and out and panning
around
 - refresh the map display automagically every, let´s say, 10 seconds

I thought of a local install of UMN Mapserver and a simple but self refreshing
Webclient which connects to the UMN on localhost, but perhaps you have much
better ideas?

I´ll be grateful for every small idea, thanks a lot in advance.

best,

Jürgen Zornig

Provincial Government of lower austria
Dept. for hydrology and geoinformatics