Rob Crittenden wrote:
Be a bit smarter about decoding certificates that might be base64 encoded. First see if it only contains those characters allowed before trying to decode it. This reduces the number of false positives.

rob

Er, duh, I got this description goofed up.

This patch is related to certificate renewal/issuing a new certificate for a service that already has one. We used to reject inserting a new certificate altogether. This patch adds a new flag, --renew, that lets you replace a certificate. The existing certificate is revoked.