Pavel Zuna wrote:
On 03/30/2010 04:19 PM, Rich Megginson wrote:
Pavel Zuna wrote:
On 03/26/2010 04:56 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Pavel Zuna wrote:
This patch effectively removes all LDAPv2 style quoted DNs and makes
sure we don't use them anymore.

KDC doesn't seem to have any problems with LDAPv3 style DNs, but I
kept the option to disable DN normalization for now.

I also had to add a new dollar variable for LDIF files:
$ESCAPED_SUFFIX. We need it to create entries that contain the DN of
another entry in their own, like the account activated/inactivated CoS
entries.

what I tested:
- playing around with password policies and CoS entries using both
pwpolicy and pwpolicy2
- changing user passwords to see if the policies apply
- re-installing IPA to see if the activated/inactived CoS entries
where OK
- user-lock/user-unlock

The patch depends on the pwpolicy2 plugin. Well, it doesn't depend on
it, but won't apply without. I didn't realize before committing and
couldn't get it back by re-basing, so...

Pavel

replication also uses v2-style escaping. This code looks ok for what it
touches but it isn't complete.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems that the cn="SUFFIX",cn=mapping
tree,cn=config entry is created automatically by DS
Yes.
and there's no much we can do about it.
Right.
We could delete the entry and create a new one, but I suspect
replication won't like it.
Right. Don't do that.

There are still a number of places in the directory server where quotes
are still used in DNs. We have not gone through and removed all of
those. We won't get around to doing this for 389-ds-base 1.2.6, probably
in some later release.

However, you should still be able to search for the
cn="SUFFIX",cn=mapping tree,cn=config entry using LDAPv3 style escapes -
the escapes should match the quotes inside the server. Just make sure
SUFFIX is the normalized DN (and that assumes the server is using the
normalized DN too).
Ok cool. Thanks for the info.

I did an extended version of the patch, that uses LDAPv3 DN with replication. Attached, so you can take a look, but don't hurry with pushing it.
Looks good.

The replication code still uses legacy LDAP code from v1 that is going away soon anyway. I would push the patch in its original state and include the replication changes in my next patch in the "ldap2 for installer" series.

/me grumbles at the fact that someone thought it was a good idea to use
DNs as values within other DNs in non-DN syntax attributes . . .

rob

Pavel

Pavel