Adam Young wrote:
On 07/14/2010 05:44 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Adam Young wrote:
On 07/14/2010 03:40 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
The commands ipa-compat-manage and ipa-nis-manage didn't really work properly. I think some backend changes caused at least some of the problems. I fixed a few errors causing backtraces as well as some corner cases.

Enabling nis added a new compat location. So disabling compat would fail because it wasn't handling this new nis location.

I also ran pylint against both and fixed a few problems/warnings it raised.

NACK:

[r...@ipa ~]# ipa-compat-manage enable
Directory Manager password:

Enabling plugin
This setting will not take effect until you restart Directory Server.

[r...@ipa ~]# ipa-nis-manage enable
Directory Manager password:

Enabling plugin
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-nis-manage", line 201, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/sbin/ipa-nis-manage", line 150, in main
    conn.update_entry(nis_config_dn, mod, normalize=False)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipalib/encoder.py", line 188, in new_f
    return f(*new_args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ipaserver/plugins/ldap2.py", line 687, in update_entry
    raise errors.EmptyModlist()
ipalib.errors.EmptyModlist: no modifications to be performed

The problem was we ship with the plugin enabled and we were trying to do an LDAP mod to enable it, so literally nothing to do.

I also made ipa-nis-manage require that the schema compat plugin already be enabled.

rob

ACK

pushed to master