On 01/18/2011 05:35 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
Attached is a rough cut of a patch to try to speed up the cli a little
bit. Basically in production mode it will skip some things during
initialization.

My concept is that we develop in mode != production and release in mode
== production.

I managed to knock a second or so off time to do a user-show on average.

There may be some other things we can do to speed things up, I'm still
looking. Some feedback on the approach would be appreciated.

Note that I've completely ruled out SSL/Negotiate. I did my testing on
lite-server which doesn't use SSL or Negotiate and it was STILL taking
on average 3-4+ seconds per command. The server side was consistently
taking < 1 second to complete.

rob

oh, and the patch.

I don't feel I understand the scope yet enough to ACK. What are the ramifications of the checks that you are bypassing? Do we really want to do them in development mode, or are they more appropriate to be run as part of a test suite?