Jan Zelený wrote:
> Hi,
> I've been thinking about the concept of mapping CLI attributes to LDAP
> attributes (ticket #447) and I'd like to get a second opinion.
>
> The most simple solution would be to add this functionality to existing help.
> For the sake of lucidity, it should be hidden by default. To achieve this a
> new parameter (e.g. --fullhelp) would be created. The question now is if this
> approach is suitable for WebUI and whether it is even needed for WebUI.
>
> Another approach might be to create new command, e.g. mapping-show, which
> would take one argument - either name of LDAP object for which we want to
> show
> all mappings or (better) directly a command. Here are examples how it could
> be
> invoked:
> ipa mapping-show user        / ipa mapping-show user-add
> ipa mapping-show hbacrule / ipa mapping-show hbacrule-add
>
> So these are my ideas. Some questions? Comments? Other ideas? I welcome any
> input.

How about this:
ipa mapping-show [--ldapattr=<attr> | --cli=<arg>] ipa-command

If the optional arguments are omitted the the output will  show the
remappings that the specified ipa-command implements.
if the --ldapattr is provided then it will return the corresponding
--cli name regardless whether it is same or not. If attr is not found in
the context of the command then an error should be returned.
The use of the --cli can be similar but for the cli name.
I suggest doing it per command becuase some of the attributes make sense
only in the context of the command so doing it per object might not be
straightforward.

--
Thank you,
Dmitri Pal