Simo Sorce wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 10:28:49 -0500
Simo Sorce<sso...@redhat.com>  wrote:

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 19:11:39 -0500
Rob Crittenden<rcrit...@redhat.com>  wrote:

Simo Sorce wrote:

Use a common group named 'dirsrv' for all DS instances, as
requested in ticket #851

While there also remove the -u option, it is silly to allow to
change one in three (the other are group name and pki ds instance
user) accounts only. Plus it is apparently confusing to admins.

Simo.

Just a couple of really minor nit-pickiness.

If we are hardcoding the user why make it an argument to the
various create_instance commands? You already import the group from
dsinstance, why not the user too?

I didn't want to change too much code :-)
I'll change that, hopefully w/o introducing regressions.

And this code:

if not group_exists is None and not group_exists:

might be more readable as:

if group_exists == False:

I copied from dsinstance.uninstall() I will change it.

Simo.

Revised patch attached.

Simo.

Install on a master and replica worked fine but uninstall on the replica failed with:

Shutting down all IPA services
Removing IPA client configuration
Unconfiguring ntpd
Unconfiguring CA directory server
Unconfiguring CA
Unconfiguring web server
Unconfiguring krb5kdc
Unconfiguring ipa_kpasswd
Unconfiguring directory server
root : CRITICAL failed to delete group Command '/usr/sbin/groupdel dirsrv' returned non-zero exit status 6

error 6 means specified group doesn´t exist

The last bit of the uninstall log confirms this:

2011-01-31 15:44:28,001 INFO args=/usr/sbin/groupdel dirsrv
2011-01-31 15:44:28,002 INFO stdout=
2011-01-31 15:44:28,003 INFO stderr=groupdel: group 'dirsrv' does not exist

2011-01-31 15:44:28,004 CRITICAL failed to delete group Command '/usr/sbin/groupdel dirsrv' returned non-zero exit status 6