Jakub Hrozek wrote:
On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 05:52:08PM -0500, Simo Sorce wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 22:44:43 +0100
Jakub Hrozek<jhro...@redhat.com>  wrote:

We've run into a chicken-and-egg problem during installation. If the
hostname of the IPA server is not resolvable with DNS during
installation, we'd add it as a NS server for a zone in both the SOA
entry and a NS record -- but no records from the new zone are
resolvable until Bind is restarted, including the new A/AAAA records
for the nameserver.

I tried restarting the named service during Bind instance creation but
that didn't help..not exactly sure why. Anyway, attached is a patch
that forces the NS record creation.

Please note that the --force flag is available via XML-RPC only, it is
completely hidden from the user otherwise.

Minor issue but requires NACK.

You changed the add_zone() signature to always require some parameters,
but did not update it in ipa-replica-prepare

Simo.

Good catch, thank you!

Attached is a new patch. I also found out that I don't have to require
all the parameters as some (such as admin email) have nice defaults in
the DNS plugin.

This fixes it but I did have problems with overall approach.

To test this I changed the host entry of my machine from slinky to spanky and ran the installer with --hostname=spanky.domain.

This worked for the initial install and I was able to find the previous problem with ipa-replica-prepare.

But I ran into other problems when testing this fix. The `hostname` of the machine is still slinky and very little actually worked. Restarting httpd failed and running ipa-replica-prepare failed because both were trying to contact the LDAP server on slinky, etc.

Once I ran hostname spanky.domain everything worked fine.

So ack for this bug but how should we handle these other problems?

Oh, and I've pushed it to master.