On 02/01/2011 08:25 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jakub Hrozek wrote:

On 02/01/2011 04:15 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jakub Hrozek wrote:

On 01/31/2011 04:29 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Jakub Hrozek wrote:

On 01/05/2011 04:38 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
This patch adds a plugin and tools for managing entitlements for
host
machines.

Testing is rather complex so I've attached a script to help set
up the
Candlepin server. You'll need to ping me out of band for the backend
data. This configures the Candlepin server with an in-memory
database so
any time tomcat6 is restarted you'll need to reload the data.

You have to run candlepin.setup as root. This will configure your
Fedora
tomcat6 instance.

Once your candlepin server is setup and IPA is installed do
something
like:

$ ipa entitle-register admin
(password is admin)

$ ipa entitle-consume 25

$ ipa entitle-status
(verify that it is 25)

# ipa-compliance
(should be 1 of 50)

Our tools can consume only, not return entitlements.

tickets 28, 79 and 278.

rob

can you rebase the patch so it applies cleanly on the current master?

attached

rob

Functionally, the patch seems to be working fine -- great job!.

I just have a couple of minor comments:
* I think a recent change to delegation.ldif conflicts with the patch.
I was able to do a 3-way merge, but please check it merges OK.

* During build, rpm-build complains about /etc/cron.d/ipa-compliance
being listed twice

* the two commented lines in ipa-compliance that test Bind using DM and
Bind using GSSAPI should be removed

* I think that the ipa-compliance tool never deletes the directory with
the ccache (tmpdir)

* in ipa-compliance:
+ if not truncated:
+ hostcount = len(entries)
+ else:
+ # FIXME: raise an error
+ pass
I'm not opposed to FIXMEs in the code, but maybe there should be a
ticket so we don't forget them. Also, hostcount should be
initialized in
the else: branch, later on, the code accesses it and would blow up.

* In the entitlement plugin, the 'hidden' attributes could have
flags=['no_option', 'no_output'] so they don't show up in the UI

* If I consume all the entitlements with ipa entitle-consume and ask
for more, I get an internal server error - we should probably catch the
RestlibException from candlepin

* when I started testing I made a typo in the candlepin instance
hostname. ipa entitle-register then blew up.. The traceback looks like
it comes from rhsm. I don't think we absolutely need to fix it now, but
we should at least track it in a ticket.

Here is a diff of the changes you suggested, I think they cover all the
bases.

rob

Looks good, thank you. If you can send a new patch with these squashed
in, I'll just run a couple of quick tests and ack.

attached

Ack but please check that the 3-way rebase is OK and also please import socket in ipalib/plugins/entitle.py, currently it is an undefined symbol.