Martin Kosek wrote:
On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 17:45 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 16:37 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
This started as a problem in allowing leading/trailing whitespaces on
primary keys. In nearly every command other than add query is True so
all rules were ignored on the primary key. This meant that to enforce
whitespace we would need to define a validator for each one.

I decided instead to set self.all_rules to just the class rules if query
== True. So the minimum set of validators will be executed against each
type but param-specific validators will only run on add.

I talked to Martin about this a bit this morning. My original intention
was to make some pretty invasive changes related to query and he talked
me out of them. He felt that in anything other than an add the
validators shouldn't be run. We compromised on letting Paramter-specific
validators be run.

This has pretty big implications on primary keys so test carefully.

self-NACK, found a problem.

rob

Add only to Str class, fixed pylint error.

rob

Looks good to me, works as advertised. This will enforce entering valid
data types in all parameters in both add and query-like commands.

I tried to think about some corner case here, I actually found one. What
if somebody want to search for a string with heading/trailing
whitespace? E.g. this scenario:

# ipa role-add "Foo Bar Baz" --desc=foo
------------------------
Added role "foo bar baz"
------------------------
    Role name: foo bar baz
# ipa role-find " Bar "
ipa: ERROR: invalid 'criteria': Leading and trailing spaces are not
allowed

Do we want to support this case? If yes, we would need to use different
approach there.

Martin

Ok, makes sense. I disabled the whitespace rule on criteria. This means
a change to API.txt but it doesn't change the wire protocol so I'm not
bumping the version.

rob

Works fine. ACK from me.

Martin