Martin Kosek wrote:
On Tue, 2011-07-05 at 13:41 -0400, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
Rob Crittenden wrote:
389-ds postop plugins, such as the managed entry and memberof plugins,
add values after the data has been returned to the client. In the case
of the managed entry plugin this affects the parent entry as well (adds
an objectclass value).

This wreaks havoc on our tests as the values don't match what we expect.

The solution is to wait for the postop plugins to finish their work,
then return. I've added this as an option. The downside is it is going
to naturally slow things down, so it is off by default.

It is currently only used in the hostgroup plugin.

The option is wait_for_attr. Add this to ~/.ipa/default.conf and set it
to True and all the current tests will pass (assuming you apply patches
814-816 as well).

So now we won't have any excuses for missing test failures in the unit
tests...

rob

Bah, found a small problem. Self-NACK.

rob

Updated patch attached.

Note that I don't think there is a way for us to handle things like
memberof_indirect. We wouldn't know to wait.

rob

Works fine for the hostgroup entry. It's good it can be switched on/off.

But what about other managed entries, like user entry? Would it make
sense to add a wait here too? Or maybe something systematic to baseldap
so that we wouldn't have to implement this wait to every managed entry.

Martin

I can certainly add it to users to check for managed groups. Making it generic would be difficult because some are conditional (such as users).