On 8/22/2011 10:06 AM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
'Failed' moved to command. On 'failed' success is transformed to error -
can be change behaviour of serial associator in some commands
(previously some commands were executed even after 'failed' of
previous). It isn't probably big issue because they fail probably from
the same reason (consequent commands would fail to).

This will be addressed in ticket #1688.

- 'failed' message is extended by related object (so user would know for
which command in the batch it is related to).

Just to be consistent, I think we should format the message like this: "<primary key>: <error message>".

- there is still the problem ('no modifications to be performed') I
wrote about on Aug 18. I think it should be fixed before commiting this
path.

This will be addressed in ticket #1692.

One more issue, a command could return multiple error messages in each failure, but right now the get_failed() only reads the first message in each failure. Try adding several users into a group, but remove some of them just before adding it, only the first missing user is reported. I think the code in ipa.js:395-401 should iterate through all messages.

--
Endi S. Dewata