On 03/26/2012 04:54 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:

Some minor compliants.

Ideally, there would be a routine that sets up the logging and handles command-line arguments in some uniform way (which is also needed before logging setup to detect ipa-server-install --uninstall). The original patch did the common logging setup, and I hacked around the install/uninstall problem too.
I guess I overdid it when I simplified the patch.
I'm somewhat confused about the scope, so bear with me as I clarify what you mean.

If you abort the installation you get this somewhat unnerving error:

Continue to configure the system with these values? [no]:
ipa : ERROR ipa-server-install failed, SystemExit: Installation aborted
Installation aborted

ipa-ldap-updater is the same:

# ipa-ldap-updater
[2012-03-26T14:53:41Z ipa] <ERROR>: ipa-ldap-updater failed, SystemExit:
IPA is not configured on this system.
IPA is not configured on this system.

and ipa-upgradeconfig

$ ipa-upgradeconfig
[2012-03-26T14:54:05Z ipa] <ERROR>: ipa-upgradeconfig failed, SystemExit:
You must be root to run this script.

You must be root to run this script.

I'm guessing that the issue is that the log file isn't opened yet.

It would be nice if the logging would be confined to just the log.

If I understand you correctly, the code should check if logging has been configured already, and if not, skip displaying the message?

When uninstalling you get the message 'ipa-server-install successful'.
This is a little odd as well.

ipa-server-install is the name of the command. Wontfix for now, unless you disagree strongly.

--
PetrĀ³