On 06/29/2012 09:00 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Martin Kosek wrote:
>> This patch enables currently developed SOA serial autoincrement feature in
>> bind-dyndb-ldap. The patch may be updated if any assumptions about this
>> feature
>> are changed (or somebody finds a bug).
>>
>> ---
>>
>> SOA serial autoincrement is a requirement for major DNS features,
>> e.g. zone transfers or DNSSEC. Enable it by default in named.conf
>> both for new and upgraded installations. Name of the bind-dyndb-ldap
>> option is "serial_autoincrement".
>>
>>> From now on, idnsSOAserial attribute also has to be put to
>> replication agreement exclude list as serial will be incremented
>> on each DNS server separately and won't be shared. Exclude list
>> has to be updated both for new replication agreements and the
>> current ones.
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/2554
>
> What version of bind/bind-dyndb-ldap is needed for serial_autoincrement?
>
> rob

Such version is not ready yet, there is only a semi-working patch from Petr
Spacek on freeipa-devel list.

When a working version of bind-dyndb-ldap package with working
serial_autoincrement feature, it should be enough to simply bump package
version in bind-dyndb-ldap (that's why I tagged this patch as [WIP]).

But otherwise, this patch is reviewable, it should prepare our install tools
for the new feature, turn it on in named.conf on upgrades and also update
replication agreements to not replicate SOA serial from now on.

Martin