Dne 12.7.2012 16:25, Martin Kosek napsal(a):
On 07/02/2012 08:45 AM, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 06/29/2012 09:00 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Kosek wrote:
This patch enables currently developed SOA serial autoincrement feature in
bind-dyndb-ldap. The patch may be updated if any assumptions about this feature
are changed (or somebody finds a bug).

---

SOA serial autoincrement is a requirement for major DNS features,
e.g. zone transfers or DNSSEC. Enable it by default in named.conf
both for new and upgraded installations. Name of the bind-dyndb-ldap
option is "serial_autoincrement".

 From now on, idnsSOAserial attribute also has to be put to
replication agreement exclude list as serial will be incremented
on each DNS server separately and won't be shared. Exclude list
has to be updated both for new replication agreements and the
current ones.

What version of bind/bind-dyndb-ldap is needed for serial_autoincrement?

rob

Such version is not ready yet, there is only a semi-working patch from Petr
Spacek on freeipa-devel list.

When a working version of bind-dyndb-ldap package with working
serial_autoincrement feature, it should be enough to simply bump package
version in bind-dyndb-ldap (that's why I tagged this patch as [WIP]).

But otherwise, this patch is reviewable, it should prepare our install tools
for the new feature, turn it on in named.conf on upgrades and also update
replication agreements to not replicate SOA serial from now on.

Martin

Sending a rebased and updated patch with few more fixes:
1) Minimum number of connections has been rised to 4 to cover the most recent
requirements for bind-dyndb-ldap's serial_automember feature
2) ipa-upgradeconfig named.conf has been fixed to not crash when the updated
options are not in the file

I think that we can choose to push this patch earlier before bind-dyndb-ldap
with serial_automember released. We just need to make sure this patch sets
serial_automember option in named.conf correctly + does the right thing with
replication agreement exclude list update.

Later on, we would just need to bump bind-dyndb-ldap version in our spec file
when that's released.

Martin

ACK.

I have a couple of nitpicks though:

1) There's a stray ">" in the commit message:

">From now on, idnsSOAserial attribute ..."

This is probably caused by the mailing list software. Just make sure you don't include it in the actual commit.

2) There's extra comma in ipa-server-install:

-               persistent_search=options.persistent_search)
+               persistent_search=options.persistent_search,
+               serial_autoincrement=options.serial_autoincrement,)  <----

3) In ipa-upgradeconfig:

+    else:
+        psearch = psearch.lower() if psearch is not None else None

IMO it would be nicer to do:

+    elif psearch is not None:
+        psearch = psearch.lower()

or:

+    else:
+        psearch = psearch and psearch.lower()

instead.

Honza