Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 05/02/2013 02:26 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
On 04/30/2013 05:24 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 04/30/2013 02:32 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:
On 04/11/2013 09:57 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Tomas Babej wrote:
Hi,

In ipa-replica-manage commands, we enforce that hostnames we work
with are resolvable. However, this caused errors while deleting
or disconnecting a ipa / winsync replica, if that replica was down
and authoritative server for itself.

Tomas

I'm not sure this is going to do the right thing either. A lot of
these commands take the an argument as the remote master to run things
on, so we'd really only be validating one of the names. Not sure how
that helps us.

Actually, the patch tried to adress that. I carefully reviewed the
effort, now we should be consistent in validating all the names.

What if we honor the --force flag for DNS lookup failures instead? Or,
since that could override it and do other things, a --no-lookup flag
perhaps?

rob

I added a --no-lookup flag for ipa-replica-manage that disables host
existence check.

Sending both patches rebased.

Tomas

Thanks for the review,
The nolookup argument is never passed to get_ruv() when it is called
by list_ruv, get_rid_by_host, clean_ruv, abort_clean_ruv. Some of
these don't take the argument but are called with it. Lint error:
install/tools/ipa-replica-manage:1188: [E1121, main] Too many
positional arguments for function call

Fixed.
nolookup is also not passed to list_clean_ruv(), re_initialize(),
force_sync(), show_DNA_ranges() etc.

Fixed.
Git complains about some extra whitespace:
Applying: Enforce host existence only where needed in ipa-replica-manage
/home/pviktori/freeipa/.git/rebase-apply/patch:234: new blank line at
EOF.
+
warning: 1 line adds whitespace errors.

Fixed

I added the ticket to the Minor Enhacements page:
http://freeipa.org/page/V3_Minor_Enhancements

Tomas

Works for me, ACK

pushed both to master. I added the ticket # to the commit msg in patch 0046 so we have some frame of reference.