On 18.7.2013 17:07, Martin Kosek wrote:
On 07/18/2013 04:53 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Added patch which adds new hidden option no_members to suppress membership
processing for commands of all objects that have member attributes. This can be
used by the WebUI to prevent member lookups where they are not necessary (as we
discussed off-line with Martin and Petr).

Honza

1) Should the new option really have "exclude='webui'? I thought that Web UI is
the main and only consumer of this option.

The 'webui' context doesn't actually exist and the only meaning of this stanza is that the option is not shown in the output of the show_mappings command.

2) I would clearly state this is an internal option only, e.g.

+ doc=_('INTERNAL: suppress processing of membership attributes.'),

No other internal option has this kind of thing in its doc and nobody will see it anyway, so we might just leave it like that IMHO.

3) It would be nice to state that this option is mutually exclusive with --all,
but given it is internal anyway and there is no central place to define it, we
do not need to do that.

The options are not really mutually exclusive at this point, they can be specified together, --all takes precedence.

Honza

--
Jan Cholasta