On Friday 26 of July 2013 13:03:25 Martin Kosek wrote:
> On 07/26/2013 12:23 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:

> >> Nitpick: I would prefer a shorter message without unnecessary
> >> implementation details - something like "Ignoring referral entry {ref}".
> >> Also use str(original_attrs) as ref.
> >>
> >> Honza
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jan Cholasta
> >
> > Agreed, fixed.
> >
> > Tomas
> >

> Looks OK. Another nitpick: why do you use formatting with .format()? It makes
> the formatting inconsistent with rest of the code base.

Simply because python documentation recommends using .format():

http://docs.python.org/3.4/library/stdtypes.html#printf-style-string-formatting

At some point it was even considered that % would be removed:

http://docs.python.org/release/3.1.5/library/stdtypes.html#old-string-formatting-operations

> I would prefer:
>
> +                log_msg = 'Referral entry ignored: %s' % str(original_attrs)
>
> > Martin

I have no strong opinions about this. Do we want to impose a restriction on
using the new
string formatters available in Python since 2.5?

Tomas