On Thu, Oct 03, 2013 at 12:01:35AM +0300, Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
> >>New patchset is attached.
> >>
> >>1. Added test update for ipalib/frontend.py changes
> >>2. Used LDAPQuery as base for trustdomain_enable|disable commands as
> >> suggested by Honza.
> >>3. Fixed issues with removal of trust account password authentication
> >>4. Added support to use AD administrator credentials when fetching
> >> subdomains information when we establish trust as Kerberos will not
> >> be available for cross-realm operations yet.
> >>5. Patch 0123 is not part of the patchset and should not be committed,
> >> we will discuss exact semantics of transition checks with MIT
> >> Kerberos upstream first.
> >>6. Fixed few error paths and dead-end cases like attempt to disable root
> >> domain of the trust (renders trust dead) or enabling it (it is always
> >> enabled).
> >>7. Made clear that deleting root domain of the trust is not possible,
> >> use trust-del instead.
> >>8. Removed whitespaces where saw.
> >>

> >Thanks!
> >
> >This fixes most of the issues I had.
> >
> >To summarize, two issues from the today's functional testing we
> >already discussed on IRC:
> >
> >1.) The blacklisting for the child domain does not work (it works
> >fine for the root domain).
> >Thus, ipa trustdomain-disable for the child domain does not reject
> >access to the IPA's resources:
> >
> >[tbabej@vm-147 labtool]$ ipa trustdomain-disable
> >tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
> >child.tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >Domain child.tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com of trust
> >tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com is already not allowed to access
> >IPA resources
> >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >[tbabej@vm-147 labtool]$ kdestroy
> >[tbabej@vm-147 labtool]$ kvno -S ldap `hostname`
> >kvno: Credentials cache file '/run/user/536/krb5cc/tkt1sLaOS' not
> >found while getting client principal name
> >[tbabej@vm-147 labtool]$ kinit
> >administra...@child.tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
> >Password for administra...@child.tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com:
> >[tbabej@vm-147 labtool]$ klist
> >Ticket cache: DIR::/run/user/536/krb5cc/tktS7Bkhj
> >Default principal: administra...@child.tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
> >
> >Valid starting       Expires              Service principal
> >10/02/2013 21:28:52  10/03/2013 07:28:52
> >krbtgt/child.tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat....@child.tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com
> >       renew until 10/03/2013 21:28:46
> >[tbabej@vm-147 labtool]$ kvno -S ldap `hostname`
> >ldap/vm-147.dom147.tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat....@dom147.tbad.idm.lab.eng.brq.redhat.com:
> >kvno = 2
> >
> >We should have been denied access here.
> Right. This is *very good* finding. Since we put information about black
> [...]

Since it looks like the forest root<->member domain relationship is
needed in various places I wonder if it would be easier in the long run
to add this explicitly to the member domain objects e.g. with the help
of a new objectclass ipaNTForestMember with a mandatory attribute
ipaNTForest or ipaNTMemberOfForest? I think this would also help to make
the handling of member domains in transitively trusted forests easier.

bye,
Sumit