On Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Derek Moore <derek.p.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> PPS: you guys might be able to borrow oVirt's "otopi" installer engine, it
> seems to have been created to make install scripts more declarative.

If you like declarative, you should consider using my puppet-ipa
module to install this. It doesn't solve the "make the actual
installer" idempotent problem, but I think it's a good abstraction
layer.

As for the idempotentcy problem, I'm curious to know if the goals
you're trying to achieve are something that the GNOME-continuous
project by Colin Walters already solves. Under the hood package
installs are atomic. I don't know a lot of the technical details, but
he might be a good person to ask.

Cheers,
James