Petr Viktorin wrote:
On 01/17/2014 10:24 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Implement an IPA RESTful Foreman-compatible smart proxy. This exposes
hosts and hostgroups via an unauthenticated REST API. The idea is that
this service runs on the Foreman server and only listens on local ports.

It is a CherryPy-based server and that handles the majority of REST
for us.

I included some tests, they can be executed with: nosetests -v
smartproxy/tests

Why is it not a part of ipatests?

I can move it if it's a show-stopper. It seemed specific to this one directory so I stuck it there. It isn't relevant for most testing and requires some manual configuration (though CI could handle it).

It is installable as a separate RPM but the local machine needs to be an
IPA client. Configuration instructions are in the ipa-rest.1 man page.

This requires an updated python-kerberos currently only available in
rawhide: python-kerberos-1.1-13.fc21

http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/Smart_Proxy

Is there any chance that this will grow into a real Python module? If
so, it use a less generic directory name.

I guess never say never but at least for now the scope is very narrow when it comes to REST which is why I embedded everything into the server module. I don't see it changing any time soon, but if renaming the subdirectory would help I'd be open to suggestions.