On 02/14/2014 12:07 AM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
> Martin Kosek wrote:
>>>
>>> It was future-proofing. I'm fine with changing the URI, it is probably a
>>> good
>>> thing to save that name.
>>
>> +1 for moving to /ipa/smartproxy/rest, we will want a complete REST interface
>> in ipa/rest/ in the future. I rather opened a ticket to track that:
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4168
>>
>> Martin
>>

> I think I've addressed most of Petr's suggestions with the exception of the
> global ipa handle and I stuck with *args, **options as this is pretty much
> standard in IPA calls.
>
> The gssproxy.conf.snippet just makes it easier to copy/paste. I can drop it if
> you want, I suppose it is duplication.
>
> Note that I ran this past the Foreman design again and as a result added
> another interface, /realm. It was my understanding that this Foreman design
> wasn't set into stone but a patch is working its way through their system that
> followed the spec so I went ahead and added it. It isn't a big deal, the
> Host()
> class handles it out of the box.
>
> I also updated the design page a bit to reflect some of the changes made.
>
> Right now there are no plans to backport python-kerberos to F20.
>
> rob

I will leave functional testing to others, I just read the code. I am still
quite concerned about the positioning, naming and "branding" of this feature.

1) Package name

Currently, it is a host/hostgroup smartproxy, primarily for Foreman integration
use case.

Packaging it as freeipa-server-smartproxy may be ok, but only if we plan to use
this proxy for all other projects. I.e. if we one day implement user
smartproxy, it would need to be part of this otherwise it would lead to strange
organization, like having freeipa-server-smartproxy and
freeipa-server-smartproxy-users packages. Maybe it should be named differently?

freeipa-server-foreman-smartproxy
freeipa-server-smartproxy-hosts

2) ipa-rest stuff

We have ipa-rest script, ipa-rest.conf, ipa-rest.service, ipa-rest man.
However, I have the same concerns as above. This is too general and it may
conflict with future core server needs (like when we implement core IPA REST
interface - #4168). Let us name it consistently with package name:

ipa-smartproxy.service
ipa-smartproxy-hosts.service
ipa-foreman-smartproxy.service

The same for binary, man, ...

3) Man pages

The same point, you brand it as "IPA REST server". This is too general.

To sum it up - let us chose one name/brand of this feature and let's use it
consistently in FreeIPA infrastructure - subpackage name, subdirectory in git,
subdirectory in ipatests, man, conf, script, names in man pages.

Martin