On 02/20/2014 02:31 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
> On 20.2.2014 13:14, Martin Kosek wrote:
>> We had a discussion with other developers how better track who is reviewing
>> which patch. Recently, we introduced the Reviewed-By tag in a commit message,
>> but that is a post-review tag which is not useful for someone who wants to
>> know
>> which patches are already reviewed and which are not reviewed.
>>
>> We were testing Patch Work [1] in last months to contain this information,
>> but
>> I personally think that it is suboptimal - it introduces 2 tracking tools
>> that
>> needs to be maintained (Trac and Patch Work) and the Patch Work still
>> requires
>> lot of manual actions when maintaining it's state.
>>
>> I think it would be better to hold this information rather in a single
>> tracking
>> tool - Trac. There are 2 options:
>>
>> 1) "Patch on review" flag, similar to "Patch posted for review" flag which
>> would hold 1 bit information if the patch is just lying there or has somebody
>> assigned.
>
> Is it possible to add new ticket states in Trac? I'm thinking extending it so
> that instead of "new -> assigned -> closed:fixed" we have "new ->
> assigned:work
> in progress -> assigned:patch available -> assigned:patch under review ->
> closed:fixed", or something like that.

It is possible to change the workflow, yes - this is something I was also
considering.

It can be done with this plugin:

https://trac-hacks.org/wiki/AdvancedTicketWorkflowPlugin

Unfortunately, the plugin that's in Fedorahosted Trac does not work properly,
it gave me some Internal Errors. I filed a ticket for that:

When it is fixed, we can try to think about adjusting the workflow. Maybe we
can indeed add new states "submitted" and "onreview" to the workflow. But even
then I think we could use the "Patch Review by" field so that we know who is
reviewing, if anybody.