On 02/21/2014 04:13 PM, Petr Viktorin wrote:
[...]
NOTE: this patch changes an existing API. VERSION says that we should
bump the major version in this case. But we haven't actually released
this API yet. Please advise.

If I understand correctly, there were other VERSION bumps in master
between the original and this update. I think that's a good reason to
bump the VERSION again.

Oh, sorry, you were talking about the *major* version. Don't bump that one, just the minor.

Never update the major API version, it would break all existing clients.

--
PetrĀ³