On 21.2.2014 20:00, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
Is it possible to do something more intelligent for the key and date
fields in the add-token UI?

Date fields are currently just a text box. Is there any sort of calendar
we could use here? If not, I'm still unsure of what the format should be
for this field.

It's the format you chose :), try to fill it in CLI, you will have the same proble. From API level it's just string, from LDAP it's generalized time.

I've an UI patch prepared where you can write it in ISO format, with a validator attached to it, so user will be noticed about the format, but it's waiting for:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2014-January/msg00057.html
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-devel/2014-January/msg00060.html

The key field should probably have a note indicating that it is Base32
encoding. It would also be nice to restrict the input to Base32
characters. Maybe even automatic case correction...

Actually I think it doesn't help much. Show me a person who can write base32 encoded string.... But I agree that a validator with some regex to limit the chars and a note that it should be base32 string is better. The question is what's the purpose of this field from user perspective. Is a human being suppose to fill it or is it meant to be only filled by some provisioning systems? In UI it's just as a backup?

If there is a use case where user is suppose to choose the key, it would be better to fill the key and convert it to base32 string on a server.

Nathaniel