Hi all,

Il giorno 03/feb/2014, alle ore 11:41, Francesco Chicchiriccò
<ilgro...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> On 31/01/2014 18:57, Dmitri Pal wrote:
>> On 01/31/2014 08:17 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
>>> Are you saying that we should split our development in two:
>>>
>>> (1) smart proxy, exposing the RESTful interface, developed on the
>>> basis of [8]
>>>
>>> (2) actual ConnId connector, dealing with the proxy above for
>>> implementing its own logic
>> Correct
>>
>>> If so, could you please point to the source code of [8]?
>>> Will then this eventually become part of FreeIPA?
>> Quite soon. I would leave it to the team to suggest whether user and
>> host provisioning smart proxies should be a same smart proxy or
>> different so that they can be installed independently from each other
>> but use the same approach. IMO haveing them separately but share the
>> same code and approach will be more valuable to the project. But I am
>> open to other ideas here.
>>
>>> I am actually not sure if it is "lightweight" connector could actually
>>> be better than a "loaded" connector (e.g. without proxy), from a
>>> deployment point of view, unless you are saying either that (a) a
>>> smart proxy is already available that can be reused
>> The idea can be reused as a starting point. IMO the easiest would be to
>> look at the patches and use same machinery but implement different commands.
>>
>>> or that (b) incorporating the smart proxy that we are going to develop
>>> into FreeIPA will easily happen.
>> If done right: i.e. following process and style then yes.
>>
>> Please become familiar with the coding style [9] page on the wiki and
>> other contributer guidelines [10].
>> Also having a design page created as a result of the preliminary
>> investigation would go a long way towards acceptance and quality of the
>> feature.
>>
>> We will gladly guide you on the way if you have specific questions
>>
>> [...]
>
> Ok then, we'll do it as follows.
>
> We are currently experimenting with FreeIPA, to get familiar with technology
> and options; once we will be confident enough to start the actual work on the
> connector, we will check the status of the smart proxy patches from [11].
>
> If the implementation status will be close to be ready and about to be
> included in the official distribution, we will follow the suggestions above
> and develop a REST-based connector.

We start to implementing a FreeIPA ConnId connector for Apache Syncope. We have
to implement all identity operations defined by the ConnId framework.
I would like to know the implementation status of the Smart/Proxy and if we can
use it to all the identity operations.

Thanks

> Otherwise, we will instead specialize the CMD connector [12] to feature the
> FreeIPA command-line interface (as suggested at the beginning of this
> thread). There will be potentially need, in this case, to include the ConnId
> connector server into the Syncope deployment architecture, but this is a
> supported pattern.
>
> Thanks for your support.
> Regards.

>>> [1] http://syncope.apache.org/
>> [9] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Coding_Style
>> [10] http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute/Code
> [11] https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4128
> [12] https://github.com/Tirasa/ConnIdCMDBundle
> [13] https://connid.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BASE/Connector+Servers
>
> --
> Francesco Chicchiriccò
>
> Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
> http://www.tirasa.net/
>
> Involved at The Apache Software Foundation:
> member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PPMC
> http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.