On Wed, 2014-08-20 at 14:35 +0200, thierry bordaz wrote:

Also, remove the attempt to load the objectClasses when absent. This
never makes sense during an add operation.

Hello Nathaniel,

         Reading the patch I have one novice remark. In the previous
         code, 'objectclass' was added to 'entry_attr' in the case it
         was missing in 'entry_attr' (at the condition
         'ipatokenradiusconfiglink' was defined). In the new code, if
         'objectclass' is missing it is not added. Is it ok ?
I don't think objectClass is ever missing. It must be specified in an
add operation. Attempting to load the attribute doesn't make sense when
you are adding the object.
Yes I agree.

         Also, regarding the 'user life cycle'. Staging users are
         candidate to become Active users. I wonder if Staging users
         should also contain your fix that add the
         ipaUserAuthTypeClass.
What code is this in?
Well it is not yet into master. stageuser plugin is still under review (design is http://www.freeipa.org/page/V3/User_Life-Cycle_Management)

Now parts of stageuser_add code are close to user_add. When a stage user is activated (stage user entry is move to Active container), it becomes a full IPA user. This is why if a IPA user needs to be 'ipauserauthtypeclass' it impacts stage user. Either stageuser_add does the same as user_add or stageuser_activate checks the need of 'ipauserauthtypeclass.

thanks
thierry

Nathaniel