On 02/16/2015 05:13 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> Q: The same upgrade instructions are copied from release to release. Shouldn't
> we rather move them into separate page which would contain the upgrade steps?
> Listed by releases which introduced them.

I think that release notes could simply just contain the link to the Upgrade
page on FreeIPA.org. I would only list special information in the upgrade
section if there is an important change to upgrade or a migration needed (as
with DNS Forward zones).

This way, with information copied around, I do not think people read it anyway.
Also, I think there is still the wrong order of upgrade tools mentioned in some
release notes.

Potentially, same with Feedback - it could just link to
http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute#Communication

Though this is not that critical, given it's short length.

Martin