On 14/04/15 16:12, Martin Basti wrote:
On 14/04/15 14:25, Martin Babinsky wrote:
This patch addresses https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/4966

The noise during rollback/uninstall is caused mainly by unsuccessful attempts to remove files that do not exist anymore. These errors are now logged at debug level and do not pop-up to stdout/stderr.

Hello, thank you for the patch.

1)
The option add_warning is quite unclear to me. It does not show warning but error. I suggest something like, show_hint, show_user_action, or something show_additional_..., or promt_manual_removal

Martin^2

Continue...

2)

            if file_exists(preferences_fname):
                try:
                    os.remove(preferences_fname)
                except OSError as e:
                    log_file_removal_error(e, preferences_fname, True)

In this case file not found error should never happen.

Could you remove the 'if file_exists' part and handle just exception?

3)
this is inconsistent with change above, choose one style please:

            if os.path.exists(ca_file):
                try:
                    os.unlink(ca_file)
                except OSError, e:
                    root_logger.error(
                        "Failed to remove '%s': %s", ca_file, e)

--
Martin Basti