On 07/16/2015 01:13 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
> On 07/14/2015 03:23 PM, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
>> 4.3 is going to be a very narrow feature release. Should we branch
>> 4.3 early so that we can still land new features on master during
>> 4.3?
>>

> I did not like it at first but we should do it.

We will have some little maintenance burden, as we will need to push to
two branches concurrently.

However, I find rebasing patches that do not apply cleanly painful..
when we release 4.3 and decide to land ~50-100 patches of fixes that
didn't belong there, it might turn out to be a huge pain.

I'd much rather go with the separate branch approach, as Nathaniel suggests.

Tomas