On 07/16/2015 01:28 PM, Tomas Babej wrote:

On 07/16/2015 01:13 PM, Petr Vobornik wrote:
On 07/14/2015 03:23 PM, Nathaniel McCallum wrote:
4.3 is going to be a very narrow feature release. Should we branch
4.3 early so that we can still land new features on master during

I did not like it at first but we should do it.

We will have some little maintenance burden, as we will need to push to
two branches concurrently.

However, I find rebasing patches that do not apply cleanly painful..
when we release 4.3 and decide to land ~50-100 patches of fixes that
didn't belong there, it might turn out to be a huge pain.

I'd much rather go with the separate branch approach, as Nathaniel suggests.


I would really prefer to wait until we have a good reason/RFE that "does not fit" in FreeIPA 4.3 before branching out. The narrow nature of FreeIPA 4.3 release is in what we chose to focus on rather that in what patches are let in. If a feature is completed, I personally do not see a reason why we could not add it to FreeIPA 4.3 release.

Of course, if we have a refactoring/feature that would destabilize the tree past the time when we wish to release FreeIPA 4.3 (during August), then it may be the right time to branch out.


Manage your subscription for the Freeipa-devel mailing list:
Contribute to FreeIPA: http://www.freeipa.org/page/Contribute/Code

Reply via email to