On 01/14/2016 03:21 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
Please see the rebased patches attached.

On 01/13/2016 02:01 PM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 18.12.2015 12:46, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
Hi,

Attached are the patches for auto-find and clean of dangling
(cs)ruvs. Currently, the cleaning of an RUV waits for all replicas to
be online, even on --force. If that were an issue, I can make the
command fail before trying to clean any of RUVs. However, the user is
shown a replica is offline and is prompted to confirm the cleaning so
the possible wait should not be a problem I believe.

Standa L.

Hello,

patches needs rebase, I cannot apply them.
Will this confuse people? Currently, for good or bad, there are two
commands for managing the two different topologies. This mixes some CA
work into ipa-replica-manage.

rob

Well, in the patch, I was just following the discussion at https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5411. Ludwig mentions that ipa-csreplica-manage should go deprecated and does not want to enhance it. Also, the only thing the code does is removing trash from the ds so it makes sense to me to do it in just one command, as well as the users might expect that, too.

I guess it would be possible to add an option that would select which of the subtrees should be cleaned of RUVs. It should stay as one command nonetheless. Adding such an option for this command would then probably mean all the commands should have it as it would make more sense, though.

Let me add Petr and Ludwig to CC: as they both had inputs on keeping the command in just ipa-replica-manage.