On 29.01.2016 13:24, Oleg Fayans wrote:
Hi Martin,

On 01/29/2016 10:33 AM, Martin Basti wrote:

On 21.01.2016 12:59, Oleg Fayans wrote:

Hello,

1)
I'm not sure if it is bug or it is related to this patch, but there is
missing symetry in test_caless, I see there apply fixes but not
unapply_fixes
test_caless is currently worked at, the patch containing a lot of
changes is on it's way, so the current version of this file can be ignored.
ok

ipatests/ipa-test-task:378:            tasks.unapply_fixes(host)
ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:201:def unapply_fixes(host):
ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:646:    unapply_fixes(host)
ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:654:    unapply_fixes(host)
ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:997:    unapply_fixes(replica)
ipatests/test_integration/test_legacy_clients.py:373:
tasks.unapply_fixes(cls.legacy_client)

ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:91:def apply_common_fixes(host,
fix_resolv=True):
ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:269:    apply_common_fixes(host,
fix_resolv=False)
ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:320:    apply_common_fixes(replica)
ipatests/test_integration/tasks.py:386:    apply_common_fixes(client)
ipatests/test_integration/test_caless.py:101:
tasks.apply_common_fixes(host)
ipatests/test_integration/test_legacy_clients.py:361:
tasks.apply_common_fixes(cls.legacy_client)

2)
IMO unapply_fixes is called twice for replica uninstall

      uninstall_master(replica)
+    unapply_fixes(replica)

uninstall_master calls unapply_fixes() too
right. Fixed

3)
what is purpose of prepare_host? I saw it used only in
test_forced_client_reenrollment.py
The purpose is to create a testing folder that contains the host
configuration file env.sh and system file backups

The problem was that unapply_common_fixes removed the testing directory.
If you then wanted to re-install master within the same test execution,
it would fail at the attempt to backup system files (as part of
apply_common_fixes, see backup_file method in tasks.py - line that does
mkdir_recursive)
ok

Which test was failing?
Test_replica_promotion.py (not merged yet)
And basically any test that includes more than one
installation-uninstallation cycle would be affected
I didn't noticed yet

4)
in test_forced_client_reenrollment.py there is direct call of
prepare_host, but this is also install_client that calls prepare_host
too (added by your patch)
We can remove prepare_host call from test_client_reenrollment. Do you
think I should do it in the same patch, or in a separate one?
In this patch please.
Martin