Martin Basti wrote:

> On 01.03.2016 20:13, Rob Crittenden wrote:
>> Martin Basti wrote:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/freeipa/ticket/5704
>>>
>>> Patch attached.
>>>

>> Would it be safer to integrate this into ipa-upgrade itself? You'd just
>> need to return 0 for the case where IPA isn't installed.
>>
>> rob
> How about the case when ipa-server-upgrade is called by user from CLI?
> It should fail because IPA is not installed, instead of returning
> success. That check is in specfile anyway due service restart.
>
> Martin^2

Yeah, I was hoping you'd miss that :-)

It just seems to me, as you point out, that it should check when run by
anything, user or spec, so adding it only to the spec seems wrong. I'm
not a huge fan of option bloat but that would be one way around this,
--graceful-exit or something. Could make it a hidden option if you wanted.