On 03/08/2016 05:35 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 8.3.2016 16:21, Martin Babinsky wrote:

1) Instead of checking for utf-8 in particular, I would prefer a more
robust approach:

try:
     qr = qrcode.QRCode()
     qr.add_data('test')
     qr.make()
     qr.print_ascii(tty=True)
except UnicodeError:
     # it is not printable
else:
     # it is printable

Now you mean the check in the _check_qrcode_capability() or the _print_qrcode() method itself?

2) There is no os.isatty() check to see if stdout is actually a tty.

This check is performed inside both print_ascii() and print_tty() methods of QRCode object, but you probably mean that I should put the check also into _check_qrcode_capability() method, right?

Honza

--
Martin^3 Babinsky