On 04/01/2016 05:37 PM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 03/24/2016 04:14 PM, Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 03/22/2016 04:28 PM, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Babinsky wrote:
On 03/21/2016 12:25 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 21.3.2016 10:17, Petr Spacek wrote:
On 18.3.2016 13:49, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Martin Babinsky wrote:
These patches implement behavior agreed upon during discussion of

However I'm not sure if we want to push them into 4-3 branch (the
ticket
is triaged into 4.3.2 milestone) since they modify the framework
behavior quite a bit.

If there is no need to have it there (CC'ing Milan since he is the
reporter), I would retriage it into 4.4 milestone.

+ desc="while getting entries (search base: '{}',"
+ "filter: {})".format(base_dn, filter))

This is going to expose parts of the DIT in an error message to
users. We have
tried in the past to hide the implementation. I'd propose logging
the
error
and making the exception less verbose.

I agree with Rob here, we shouldn't expose internal stuff in error
messages for users.

In this particular case, even if we included internal stuff in the
error
message, it should be the error message returned by the server rather
than this ad-hoc message.

IMHO it actually helps to print the DN. At very least the user can
see
if the
error is happening always with the same DN or if it keeps changing.

In other words, for user it is not that important to understand
meaning of the
DN but it might be important to see if it is the same or not.

I can't imagine a situation where it would actually be useful for the
user (as opposed to the admin, who has access to logs) to know the
base
DN of some arbitrary LDAP search operation. Could you give an example?

Right, attaching updated patches.

I may have suggested debug logging the detailed error. I was wrong. This
should log at the error level so it always appears in the logs. This may
be a spurious error and having the user turn on debug logging to capture
the reasons would be asking a lot.

rob
That's right, the user would then have to enable debug mode and re-run
the command. I have changed the log level to error as you suggested.

Bump for review.

Moar bumps.

--
Martin^3 Babinsky