Martin Babinsky wrote:
These patches implement behavior agreed upon during discussion of

However I'm not sure if we want to push them into 4-3 branch (the ticket
is triaged into 4.3.2 milestone) since they modify the framework
behavior quite a bit.

If there is no need to have it there (CC'ing Milan since he is the
reporter), I would retriage it into 4.4 milestone.

+ desc="while getting entries (search base: '{}',"
+ "filter: {})".format(base_dn, filter))

This is going to expose parts of the DIT in an error message to users. We have tried in the past to hide the implementation. I'd propose logging the error and making the exception less verbose.