On 29.6.2016 10:14, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
On 06/28/2016 10:34 AM, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
On 06/17/2016 09:14 AM, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
On 06/14/2016 04:40 PM, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 14.6.2016 16:35, Martin Basti wrote:
On 14.06.2016 16:37, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 14.6.2016 16:29, Martin Basti wrote:
On 08.06.2016 14:17, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
On 06/07/2016 10:42 AM, Martin Basti wrote:
On 07.06.2016 10:43, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 7.6.2016 10:22, Martin Basti wrote:
On 07.06.2016 09:07, Jan Cholasta wrote:
On 6.6.2016 18:29, Martin Basti wrote:
On 03.06.2016 14:28, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:
On 06/03/2016 02:19 PM, Martin Basti wrote:
On 03.06.2016 14:13, Stanislav Laznicka wrote:

NACK

please remove it from LDAPAddReverseMember too, it
contains the
same
code

Martin^2

Please see the modified patch.

Standa

ACK

Pushed to master: c56d65b064e1e0410c03cf1206816cad4d8d86cc

I think the attrs_list was supposed to be passed to the
ldap.get_entry() call rather than removed, which would fix that
every
reverse member command always acts like --all was specified.

I'm really afraid, what can happen if we put attr_list into
get_entry()
instead of '*', because this code were there for 4 years and
I don't
feel happy enough to change it now, what we may break.

Should I revert this commit then and postpone the ticket?

It's a bug and should be fixed. The fix is easy so I see no
point in
postponing it. I see no reason to be really afraid, I'm pretty
sure
that removing the objectclass attribute (which is invisible in
the
CLI anyway) from the output of all the 4 commands that use
this code
won't break anything.

Ok
It seems that tests expect objectClass to be always returned in
derived methods. Is that expected behavior? If so, please see the
attached patch. I wonder if the keys of the passed options
should make
it to attrs_list as well (similarly to LDAPUpdate and LDAPCreate)?

I still don't think that we should use that attrs list, because
according git history, attrs_list was really used only with code
that
was removed, and as you can see Standa had add extra objectclass
attribute there

So the assumption here is that if it's in git history, it's not a
bug?

The extra object class should *not* be included by default.

(Also I don't see any reason to have this split into 2 patches.)

Right. I added the objectclass so that it behaves similar to what the
other commands do and so that it does not break tests but it can be
removed and tests could be fixed. The question here is - do we want
it in 4.4, then? If so can we be sure it won't break anything
(although we know that it's broken as it is, and it's been like that
for the past 4 years)?

Currently, the LDAP*ReverseMember are used in adding/removing
permissions/privileges to privileges/roles so I think we don't want
it to go bad - but could it?

After discussion with Honza we agreed that the patch should not break
anything while trying to fix the bug. Attached is the new patch with
fixed tests.

Hopefully last modification - attrs_list should not be updated by
received options as these don't reflect the entry's actual attributes.

Thanks, ACK.

Pushed to master: 427bbf6c0d61cf52f14a9f2606143f994340ec83

--
Jan Cholasta