On 28.07.2016 18:29, Ariel Barria wrote:
On 27.7.2016 18:26, Ariel Barria wrote:
On 26.7.2016 16:28, Jan Cholasta wrote:
Hi,

On 26.7.2016 16:09, Martin Basti wrote:

On 22.07.2016 00:14, Ariel Barria wrote:
Hello everyone.

I send patch for review.
NACK, six.u() is supposed to be used on string literals *only* [1].

A proper fix would be something like:

     value = self.to_text()
     if not isinstance(value, unicode):
         value = value.decode('ascii')
     return value
thanks for the guidance and comments

Most importantly, we should fix/provide this method in python-dns and inherit
this method from there.
Well, I made a pr, but apparently travis ci test failed with other
versions of python, so it is possible that they do not approve, I will
be performing other tests to see what the downside.

https://github.com/rthalley/dnspython/pull/195
Looking at the PR, there are functions
dns.name.to_text()
dns.name.to_unicode()

What is missing in them?

Petr^2 Spacek

I will look on this, for some reason we received your e-mail just today
(2016-07-26)
welcome.
it was my mistake, I sent the patch to the list before being signed to the list

Honza

[1] <https://pythonhosted.org/six/#six.u>
--
Petr^2 Spacek
Hi.

According the https://github.com/rthalley/dnspython/blob/master/dns/name.py#L375

New dnspython always return binary strings, so we should always decode it, because IPA internals need punycoded domain in unicode format

IMO this is broken in current dnspython released in Fedora. There are plenty of py3 bugs, we have to provide newer dnspython package to fedora, so this should not be fixed on IPA side.

regards