On Tue, 09 Aug 2016, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
On (09/08/16 14:59), Alexander Bokovoy wrote:
On Fri, 05 Aug 2016, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
ehlo,

attached patches fix a build of freeipa on fedora 25 and fedora rawhide.
IMHO, this change in krb5pac.h is an ABI change and samba guys should
also bump a SONAME to related (private?) libraries. I could not see it;
but maybe I overlooked it.
It an interesting question which you might raise upstream. krb5pac.h is
auto-generated from krb5pac.idl, the same happens for all IDL-based
definitions. They are not versioned, though.

I can ask but I am not sure which library is connected to the
header file "gen_ndr/krb5pac.h". If it is a internal library then
ABI change is not guaranted but ipa might have problems without requires.
We have dependency to libndr-krb5pac.so.0(NDR_KRB5PAC_0.0.1)(64bit)

The problem here is that we could get some heads up with ABI tracker
(http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/) but Samba is not there. I can ask
Andrey P. about adding it, though.

Fedora's Taskotron has dist.abicheck but any attempt to get results for
Samba builds caused server error for me.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy