Hi list,

I have noticed the following failures in our Travis CI during server installation phase:

https://paste.fedoraproject.org/531238/84902361/

After inspecting ipaclient-install.log the following error can be observed:
"""
2017-01-20T08:47:51Z DEBUG Verifying that master.ipa.test (realm IPA.TEST) is an IPA server 2017-01-20T08:47:51Z DEBUG Init LDAP connection to: ldap://master.ipa.test:389 2017-01-20T08:47:51Z DEBUG Error checking LDAP: Connect error: TLS error -12286:Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s). 2017-01-20T08:47:51Z WARNING Skip master.ipa.test: cannot verify if this is an IPA server 2017-01-20T08:47:51Z DEBUG Discovery result: UNKNOWN_ERROR; server=None, domain=ipa.test, kdc=master.ipa.test, basedn=None
"""

Digging deeper into the issue reveals that it is caused by recent addition of nss-3.28.1-1.2.fc25.x86_64 (since the installation works fine using older 3.27.0-1.3.fc25 package). I was unable to find this build in Bodhi so it seems that it was pushed to updates-testing directly, probably as a security update.

Should I open a bugzilla against NSS so that the maintainers know about this issue? Or is it caused on FreeIPA side and we need to update our codebase?

Interestingly, a packaging bug[1] prevented me to downgrade to working version, so after update we are left with unusable environment with no easy way to revert to a working configuration. In the meanwhile I advise you to disable updates-testing on F25 altogether until the issue is resolved. I will also prepare and test a new Docker Image for Travis that will (hopefully) restore CI to working state.

[1] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/531240/49028321/

--
Martin^3 Babinsky