On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 09:13:35AM +0100, Martin Basti wrote:

> On 15.03.2017 00:49, Fraser Tweedale wrote:
> > On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 01:51:19PM +0100, Martin Basti wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> DRAFT for FreeIPA 4.5.0 release notes is ready
> >> http://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.5.0
> >>
> >> Please update/let me know what is missing, what is extra.
> >>

> >> Martin^2
> >>
> > I think we should add https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/2614 to the
> > `Enhancements' section.  There is no design page for it but it was a
> > big effort and it gives the deployer complete control over the IPA
> > CA subject DN (previously this was very restricted).
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Fraser
>
> Can you suggest what to write to release notes (preferably in copy paste
> form)
>
> thank you :)

Here you go:

== Fully customisable CA name ==

The CA subject name is now fully customisable, and is no longer
required to be related to the certificate subject base.  The
*ipa-server-install* and *ipa-ca-install* commands learned the
*--ca-subject* and *--subject-base* options for configuring these
values.

https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/2614

Cheers,
Fraser