Hi Simo,

I understand the mechanics of the error, however, when you are trying to configure Cloudera Manager with IPA, the configuration/setup process fails with the error (and it shows in logs) and therefore, CM does not finish the configuration.

I was also just reading: https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Cloudera-Manager-Installation/Add-Support-for-FreeIPA-to-CM/td-p/34582

Which has Dmitri discussing things with Cloudera. The problem seems to be that although CM has a script for custom principal retrievals, maybe what I am seeing here is that it is the ipa-client install that causes the problems? Or am I missing the boat completely?

-K